The American National Standards Institute, Inc. (ANSI) publishes safety standards for the workplace. These standards are key to ensuring worker safety, protecting the environment, and improving productivity.
You can find standards for ladder safety, construction, clothing, equipment, workplace surfaces, signage, occupational health, fire safety, handling of chemicals and gases, labeling and safeguarding standards for equipment, noise, and vibration, and more at www.webstore.ansi.org/safety_standards. Download individual copies or explore multi-user site licenses. If you are part of a school or university system, they may already have a site license that you can benefit from.
- American Ladder Institute (ALI)
- American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
- American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- National Eletrical Equuipment Manufacturer's Association (NEMA)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- International Standards Organization (ISO)
- International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA)
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA); and many others.